Tom Kha Kai or chicken in coconut soup is not too hard to prepare by yourself.
• 1 cup of sliced chicken breasts
• 2 cups of coconut cream
• 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
• 2 tablespoons of lime juice
• 1 tablespoon of sliced galanga root
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
• 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves
• 1 tablespoon of crushed green and red chillies
How to cook
1. Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan.
2. When it is boiling, add the chicken and the sliced galanga root.
3. Cover and simmer with low heat until the chicken breasts are cooked and tender.
4. Season it with salt and pepper.
5. Remove it from the heat.
6. Add fish sauce, lime juice and chillies.
7. Before serving, add chopped coriander leaves.